NYC announces Citywide Curfew June 2nd to June 7th
NYC announces citywide curfew each evening beginning at 8PM until 5AM the following through Sunday, June 7th
During these unprecedented times World Cares Center renews its promise to continue our commitment for equity and justice for all.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answer on Curfew Order visit:
- I am a health care worker. Can I go to work? Yes. Health care workers are essential under ESDC guidance.
- I work for the City. Can I go to work during the curfew? Yes.
- I am a member of the press. Can I be in public during the curfew? Yes, if you are performing your job. News media are essential under ESDC guidance.
- Can restaurants make deliveries during the curfew? Yes. Food deliveries are essential under the ESDC guidance.
- Can my 24-hour grocery store stay open? Can my 24-hour grocery store receive deliveries during the curfew? Yes. Essential businesses may remain open. The curfew only bars people who are not performing essential work from being in public during curfew hours
- Will public transportation and for-hire vehicles be available during the curfew? Yes. Transportation infrastructure such as bus, rail, and for-hire vehicles are essential under the ESDC guidance.
- I am an essential worker. Can I stop by the deli/grocery/etc. to pick up food during my meal break? Yes. If you are an essential worker and your meal break falls at some point during curfew hours , you can pick up food from an essential business that sells food such as a restaurant or grocery store.
- I am an essential worker who just got off work. Can I travel anywhere other than my home? During curfew hours , you are only permitted to travel from your home to your place of work and back home. However, if necessary,you may also stop to obtain medical supplies/prescriptions before and/or after work.
- I am an essential worker going to/from work. What sort of ID must I show if I am stopped? There are no specific requirements for ID. A work ID, a business card, any
- other official documents, or even a work uniform will suffice to show that you are an essential worker.
- I work in a non-essential industry/business. Can I travel to/from my workplace? Can I perform my work in public? No.
- I need medical attention during the curfew. May I leave to seek treatment? Yes. You can and should seek medical treatment or supplies during the curfew.
- I need emergency medical treatment during the curfew, what should I do? Call 911. EMTs and first responders will continue to operate as usual.
- Can I take my dog outside to use the bathroom? Yes, but only in the immediate vicinity of your residence. Dogs should be exercised outside of curfew hours.
- What happens if I violate this curfew? We fully expect that all New Yorkers will cooperate in the interest of public safety. For the very few individuals that refuse to cooperate and do not fall within the exempted categories, they will be given every opportunity to return home. Only if an individual continuously refuses to do so will additional enforcement action be considered, including but not limited to fines.
- I am an essential worker. Can I travel to my job? Yes, workers who are performing essential work are permitted to travel to/from work and to be in public while performing their job duties. Essential work is work that is permitted under ESDC guidance.
GUIDANCE FOR DETERMINING WHETHER A BUSINESS ENTERPRISE IS SUBJECT TO A WORKFORCE REDUCTION UNDER RECENT EXECUTIVE ORDERS